Retirement Villages Code of Practice 2008 - Variations included April 2017
All registered retirement villages in New Zealand must comply with the Retirement Villages Code of Practice 2008. The Code sets out the minimum standards for a village’s operation. These standards include :
- Documents operators must provide intending residents;
- Policies and procedures, induction process for staff and new residents, when an operator can access a resident’s home;
- Staffing policies and procedures;
- Written safety and security policies;
- Fire and emergency procedures;
- Process to transfer residents in the village;
- Frequency and conduct of meetings, rights to consultation;
- The Village Complaint and Dispute process;
- How residents’ accounts should be handled;
- How to deal with maintenance and repairs in the common property and individual homes;
- Termination of an agreement, including the marketing and sale;
- Communication with residents.
Remainder of pages under construction.