Code of Residents Rights
Retirement Villages Code of Residents Rights (pdf 59KB)
The Retirement Villages Act 2003 also includes a Code of Residents’ Rights. A summary of these are (please go to the Act for the full wording link to ) :
- The right to services and other benefits promised in the Occupation Right Agreement
- The right to information to anything affecting the terms and conditions of your residency
- The right to be consulted by the operator about proposed changes to the services and benefits provided or the charges you pay that might have a material impact on your occupancy or your ability to pay
- The right to complain and receive a response within a reasonable time
- The right to a speedy and efficient process for resolving disputes
- The right to have a support person to represent you in your dealings with the operator or other residents
- The right to be treated with courtesy and respect by the operator, the staff and contractors
- The right not to be exploited by the operator, the staff or contractors.
Disclaimer: The content of this RVA website is only intended to be used to obtain a general overview of retirement villages. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on for that purpose. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any information contained in this website.